[Fsf-friends] suggestions needed on an initiative

Puneet Goel puneet.maillist@gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:22:40 IST 2005

Hi All,

Please have a look at the link
http://www.communitycode.org/

very interesting initiative and a proper utilization of manpower. You
may like to go to the link below.

This article has been slashdotted also.

http://it.slashdot.org/it/05/05/04/2257229.shtml?tid=185&tid=218

you may like to look at http://www.communitycode.org/wiki/moin.cgi for
the various levels where people can contribute.

I am interested in replicating this model here in India. A start can
be done in Delhi and Bangalore side and extended further as we add new
members. There are hundreds of projects which can be done atleast at
the localization level. I hope if you read all the material listed on
the links given above. there won't be any need for me to say more. The
purpose itself is enough to justify the cause.

Just think! we are the nation of more than 1 billion people and we are
largest software factory in the world, how much do we contribute to
free/open source software ?? Although in long run we can take the
biggest advantages from Free/Open Source Software.

Looking forward to hear comments from you folks.

Thanks and Regards,
Puneet