[Fsf-friends] Our thanks

Ramanraj K ramanraj.k@gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:03:38 IST 2005

>21 March 2005 -- David Hammerstein, Member of the European Parliament,
>sent a letter to the Indian Members of Parliament on the subject of
>the patentability of software, which is subject of a bill tabled in
>the Indian Parliament on 18 March by Minister for Commerce & Industry
>Shri Kamal Nath.
>
>Read the letter here http://wiki.ffii.org/Hammerstein050321En

We should send a letter of thanks to the Hon'ble Member of the European
Parliament, Mr. David Hammerstein,  on the FSF India letter head. Thanks
are also due to Holger Blasum, Christian Beauprez, and all the others at
ffii.org who made a big difference in strengthening the campaign.
Richard Stallman relentlessly and forcefully campaigned against the
change, travelled all through India in Feb 2005 speaking against the
danger, and also meeting as many leaders as possible to avoid the
disaster. There is no way we can thank  RMS except by assisting the
campaign by FSF against "sofware patents", wherever it is practised.

Regards,
Ramanraj.