[Fsf-friends] Price of Freedom

Ramanraj K ramanraj.k@gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 22:13:18 IST 2005

Raj Shaz wrote:

>Im submiting papers to my admin authority for usage of FLOSS.To start
>the battle , i want to convince them to use GNU/Linux instead of ...

Usually, non-free software licenses are "end user" licenses.  Strictly,
if more than one person is going to use a given machine, each needs a
separate individual license.

In comparison, most free software is available online for free download
or as cds/dvds/packaged boxes for a very fair price ~.0K to 6k for
normal users.

But, please, the issue is not price but freedom, which is priceless  :)