[Fsf-friends] Fwd: [Indlinux-group] online meet on Monday, 28th - 3pm - 6pm] (fwd)

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Fri Mar 25 23:30:08 IST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Indlinux-group] online meet on Monday, 28th - 3pm - 6pm
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:54:40 +0530
From: Guntupalli Karunakar <karunakar@indlinux.org>
To: Indlinux group <indlinux-group@lists.sourceforge.net>

Hi all,

Online IRC Meet on Monday, 28th March - 3pm - 6pm

Agenda - Translation review process & user demo workshops

NB: BOTs will be kicked out

Over the coming month we plan to do a exhaustive review of Hindi
translations ( KDE , GNOME, XFCE ...etc ), part of the effort will be
to make a community call for volunteers to participate in review
process. Basically people can pick up an application , start it in
Hindi and just go through the interface, make a log of the translation
errors and send back the feedback. So in this meet would discuss how
to define a review process & in what ways to collect & collate the
feedback. At the end of this exercise a translation review workshop
will be organized & hosted by Sarai, Delhi, where we would have the
current translators, some volunteers who took part in review process ,
language experts & linguists. This maybe a 3day event or maybe stretch
longer upto a week. Dates for this not discussed, but maybe towards
April end or May 1st week.
  We can also discuss on how to go about doing small user workshops,
oriented to fimilarising newbies to a Indic Linux. Typically will have
to identify some local institution  ( school/college or other) to host
it & try get a sample user set to use it or it maybe a roadshow kind
of thing.

Also I would be making some field trips in April - one to Punjab
(interacting with Punlinux team there), and MP (not planned but maybe
trips to Bhopal, Indore ), idea is to do some user demo sessions, find
out target organizations which maybe interested in using Hindi on
Linux & find some local linux community who can support users there.

Regards,
Karunakar