[Fsf-friends] Patents (Amendments) Bill, 2005, passed in the Parliament

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@sancharnet.in
Thu Mar 24 07:11:44 IST 2005

Ramanraj K said on Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 06:58:22AM +0530,:

 > It was  finally the Left  that saved the  day! Our thanks are  due the
 > Members  of Parliament  for restoring  the  status quo  in respect  of
 > computer programs.

With all  due respects to  the efforts and  the results, this  is only
half the battle. It now turns  out that what are obviously s/w patents
_are_  being issued. It  seems that  the trickis  to draft  the patent
application in  such a way  as to evade  the guidelines issued  by the
controller.

This deserves a deeper study.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
Encryption:   A   powerful  algorithmic   encoding