[Fsf-friends] Yet another shameless day in India

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@sancharnet.in
Wed Mar 23 13:02:56 IST 2005

A quote from the debates:-

<quote>
 Now, about software, their opinion was that software as such is
 covered by the copyrights.  In embedded software, they wanted to have
 this patenting, product patenting.  We did not agree to that because
 our professions will not be benefited.  The richest person of the
 world has been benefited consecutively for the last 11 years.  Do you
 know his name?  … (Interruptions)  Yes, it is Bill Gates, who is
 good friend of some of yours.  He was taken to Andhra Pradesh by the
 poster boy.  The poster boy has gone but the Microsoft Chairman’s
 name is there.  … (Interruptions)  It will be used by IBM, it will
 be used by Microsoft and not by our great professionals.  So, do not
 incorporate it.  We are happy that CKA has been deleted and removed
 in the amendment.
</quote>

Available now at http://164.100.24.208/today/tdailydeb.htm.

No gurantee that it will be there tomorrow.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
With freedom comes responsibility.