[Fsf-friends] Yet another shameless day in India

Vivek Varghese Cherian cherry@asianetindia.com
Wed Mar 23 09:31:48 IST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:44:25AM -0800, Anand Babu wrote:
>>>,----[ Ramanraj K <ramanraj.k@gmail.com> ]

>>>`----
>>>This is very disappointing. But obviously we are not going to give up.
>>>What is our next step?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Anand Babu
>>>GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31
>>>Personal Blog  [http://freedom.freeshell.org]
>>>The GNU Operating System [http://www.gnu.org]

---End of quoted Text---

Nice to see your determination not to give up on this. Hope it rubs
onto at least a few of us here.

The best thing to do (should have been done much earlier) is for
the FSF-India office bearers and working committee members to fix an
appointment with the President of India and also the relevant
ministers in charge of pushing the bill (Kamal Nath or whoever) and
try handing them a petition showing them clearly the hazards of
implementing the patent amendment bill under WTO pressure tactics
without first and foremost protecting the intrests of our nation and
our IT sector among a host of other sectors some as vital as health,
medicare and agriculture which is still the backbone of our
nation.

They may still manage to pass the bill in spite of our petitions but
then at least we have done our part to the best of our abilities.

--
Vivek Varghese Cherian
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>