[Fsf-friends] Yet another shameless day in India

Praveen A pravi.a@gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 01:08:23 IST 2005

> the thing is what do we do now???

We should all press for the proposed TRIPS review (It should have been
in 2000 -- in 1995 when the TRIPS agreement was propsed they suggested
a review of it after 5 years but not yet done).

Our minister says the bill is passed because of the committment and
now we should ask the favour (our right) back and press strongly for
the TRIPS review in the next WTO ministerial meeting with Brazil and
China.

PS: Last time in Doha Muraisoli Maran did a great job with Brazil and
China in making WTO accept the TRIPS flexibilities -- like compulsory
licensing. But with Kamal Nath in the post -- I'm sceptical (sighs...)

--
            "There is no system but GNU, and Linux is one of its kernels."
A proud GNU user