[Fsf-friends] Yet another shameless day in India

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@sancharnet.in
Tue Mar 22 23:46:31 IST 2005

Ankit Malik said on Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 11:21:42PM +0530,:

 > > | <quote>
 > > | Lok Sabha passes Patents Bill
 > > | ...The Bill provides for product patents in drugs, agri-products and
 > > | embedded software...
 > > | </quote>
 > > `----
 > > This is very disappointing. But obviously we are not going to give up.
 > > What is our next step?
 >
 > that is what I am wondering about ?? :(

IMHO, we should  read what is reported in the  papers closely. All the
news says is that  the bill was passed by the Lok  Sabha. Now, it will
go the the Rajya Sabha, which, usually aproveswithin a feew minutes.

Now, who can change that?

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
Slander      -     False