[Fsf-friends] MS' influence in academia

Venkat Kumaraswamy ellakannada@yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 12:48:08 IST 2005

> > >All of you might know allready about program called PROJECT
> > >SHIKSHA which is being promoted by MS.

we all need to worry about M$'s dominance in EDUCATION
sector. M$is buying it's way into all States of INDIA. They are
signing MOU's with States to do PROJECT SHIKSHA. This is one of the
blunder done by Education Secretaries of INDIA and State Education
Secretaries. What M$ is doing is sponsoring Teachers, Professors and
Officials trip to USA and make them to attend some seminars given by
M$. Our people go for these things and they forget about the country
and it's Education system.

We need to find what M$ has played a role in awarding the OLTP project
? WAS anyone  involved in this decision making and listening to the
advise of M$ ? M$ has deep rooted in Education System of INDIA. WE all
need to think of way to get out of this mess created by few people for
their greed.

I think M$ must be planning in developing application developers using
their technologies in INDIA, so that it will deny entry of OS in
INDIA. M$ is really worried about this. That is why BG of M$ is
increasing his DONATIONS in INDIA. Recently he has given funding to
MSS Foundation I think. These NGO's follow what M$ says. That is the
POWER of MONEY. IN ONE WAY M$ IS CORRUPTING our good NGO's and
Individuals. M$ can be held responsible for increasing our  CORRUPTION
in our Country. WE all need to discuss this matter further in this
the M$ and it\'s AGENDA.

As far as BANGALORE ONE project, IT SHOULD BE OPENLY DEBATED AS
written by this IAS offcier. We all should support this and encourage
the IAS officer to go and challenge the ELITE people who are
recomending e-Seva to be used in BANGALORE ONE project. As all of you
know e-Seva has been slammed by CAG. In these days the e-Seva centers
are most vulnerable for,ONLINE SECURITY FRAUD. This is more
problematic by using e-Seva by GOK. I do not know how NISG is
recomending e-Seva to be REPLICATED in BANGALORE ONE project. GOD
SHOULD SAVE KARNATAKA STATE.  NISG will not !!! They will go away once
the deal is made with GOK.

I think, we all need to discuss further and we should get more
opinions from the group and move forward on this. WE SHOULD FORM A
CORE COMMITTEE.

Thanks
Sincerely

V. M. Kumaraswamy
",1]);//-->forum. We might want make a committee with in this group to look into
the M$ and it's AGENDA.

thanks

V. M. Kumaraswamy