[Fsf-friends] Hardware vendors (was: MS' influence in academia)

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@sancharnet.in
Mon Mar 14 20:34:58 IST 2005

V. Sasi Kumar said on Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 05:01:01PM +0530,:

 > It may be  relevant here that the Government  of Kerala has decided
 > to  shift the  school curriculum  to free  software.  The Malayalam
 > newspaper

BTW, in what  I regard as a good omen, the  hardware vendors in Kerala
have rallied  around Novell  and have decided  to pre-install  SuSE on
systems they sell.

However,  there is  not much  talk  about benefits  of Free  Software,
hough much hot air about free  software is there. IMO, a beginning has
to be made somewhere.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
>From The Devil's Dictionary (1881-1906) [devil]:
  LAWYER, n.  One skilled in circumvention of the law.