[Fsf-friends] MS' influence in academia

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.cess@gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:01:01 IST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 08:24 -0800, Venkat Kumaraswamy wrote:

> What you thought I was giving wrong information ? This is happenning all over INDIA. GOI has sold Education System to MS for their money. Because BG of MS is DONATING funds for HIV and other things. What BG of MS is doing throwing BONES at DOGS. Our Govt. BUREAUCRATS for their ME TOO ATTITUDE doing all these things by signing MOU's with MS for PROJECT SHIKSHA without even thinking of consequences. It is spreading like CANCER all over the country.
>
> I am fighting in different fronts in Karnataka State Governament.

It may be relevant here that the Government of Kerala has decided to
shift the school curriculum to free software. The Malayalam newspaper
Mathrubhoomi today says that the coming school year there will not be
any training for teachers in Windows, and that eighth standard students
will be taught only free software. A CD has been created for the purpose
with support from the Kerala State IT Mission, which contains a few
educational software also (Dr. Geo, Celestia, Ghemical, Gcompris, etc.).
This is a major success, since the example can be quoted when we lobby
with other state governments.

Best

--
V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.cess@gmail.com>