[Fsf-friends] MS' influence in academia

Sameer N I strike@proscrutiny.com
Sun Mar 13 21:24:42 IST 2005

Venkat Kumaraswamy wrote:
<snip>

>Good thing this thread started about MS.
>
>All of you might know allready about program called PROJECT SHIKSHA which is being promoted by MS. Even MS is writing curriuculum for PRIMARY, SECONDARY and HIGH SCHOOL.
>
>GoI has sold the Education System to MNC called MS. We need to stop this also.
>
>Even some STATE Govts. in INDIA have signed MOU with MS for this PROJECT SHIKSHA.
>
>MS in the name of PHILONTHRAPHY is buying their way into EDUCAION SYSTEMS in INDIA.
>
>Even some Govt. colleges and Some Universities are offering courses only in MS products.
>
>I will post some articles related to this in my next posting.
>
>We all need to think how we can stop this MS mania !!!

</snip>

Strange but true...
Nagpur University has M$ .Net and ASP included in their syllabus..
I am ready to fight with the university officials but then I do not have
enough authority..
An application on a plane paper and an application on gnu letterhead.
The two will definitely have substantial difference.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Sameer.