need for Full timers, was Re: [Fsf-friends] MS' influence in academia

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@gnowledge.org
Sun Mar 13 12:12:02 IST 2005

On Sunday 13 Mar 2005 1:20 am, Rakesh 'arky' Ambati wrote:
> --- "Nagarjuna G." <nagarjun@gnowledge.org> wrote:
>

> > The issues that you raised are very important.  Let
> > us discuss how to
> > make FSF India's efforts more organized.  membership
> > issue is soon
> > going to be launched.  We need full time workers for
> > FSF.  FSF India
> > at the moment has none.  This needs resources to
> > compensate the full
> > timers.
> >
> > Assuming that there are resources, I want to ask the
> > community: how
> > many of you are willing to work for FSF as full
> > timers if proper
> > compensation is given, at various parts of the
> > counry?  And howmany of
> > your are willing to work with full timers during
> > your spare time?
> >

> Dear Mr.Nagarjuna,
>
> I believe there is no dire of volunteers for FSF.We
> never had enough resources to hire any full timers,in
> any case most people like arun,ab and yourself had
> been doing great work without expecting anything in
> return.
>
> If you have not posed the above question literally,
> you can count me in anytime.

Take a look at our website.  The site doesnt look at
the activities that FSF india is carrying out.  Feb we
had several activities.  some of them were very
impressive.  They are not listed as events.  The
details of those events are not recorded on the
website.  Most of this only due to the absence of one
responsible person who takes note of all the events and
creates content and sends it to Dileep.  Dileep does
his job very promptly, but content creation is a very
important job.  Whether paid or unpaid we need someone
to do this job.

Several events are happening all over the
country. Chennai, Vellore, Mumbai, Puna, Delhi,
Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Kharagpur, not to mention the
events in Kerala.  Why should they get reflected at the
site.

Several people in India are developing free software,
why is that information not getting reflected.

We also need volunteers to take responsibility to
manufacture and dispatch goodies like Tshirts,
stickers, posters, documentation CDs, ebooks etc to
people.  And send them to each place so that the
organizers find it handy.

I agree with you, we have no dearth of volunteers, so
many of them are listed on our website.  We want a
coordinator to take their help and spread our
activities.

We want a coordinator for FSF, whether paid or not.

Nagarjuna