[Fsf-friends] change

Praveen A pravi.a@gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:13:05 IST 2005

> err..umm...wrong message??? cant figure out one!
> i am just telling my friends to stop piracy [piracy is the only word
> they understand not illegal/unauthorised copying, that wud remind them
> of cheating in exams!!! ROFL! and i am suggesting them a very good
> alternative i.e. GNU/Linux

They are not gonna stop just like that Ankit. I've experience with my
friends. They know that nobody is gonna get hanged by copying these
softwares and they will continue doing it. And see we are not top stop
sharing -- WE ARE FOR SHARING, we encourage sharing. We are against
those who try to stop. so if you call helping your neighbour a pirate,
well I dunno.  RMS tells that it is even worse to use legal
propreitary software than the illegal thing because in illegal
software you don't agree not to co-operate/share it with your
neighbour. The GNU project was started not against piracy, but against
the system that prevent people from co-operating with others.

So you want them to use authorised copies of Microsoft Windows ? [Then
you cannot call them pirates, right ?] So what you'll tell to people
who payed for Microsoft Windows ?
--
            "There is no system but GNU, and Linux is one of its kernels."
A proud GNU user