[Fsf-friends] mono business

Joe Steeve joe_steeve@gmx.net
Sun Mar 6 15:46:52 IST 2005

"balachandran c" <balachandran_c@rediffmail.com> writes:

> What is your opinion about mono? Is it advisable to suggest mono
> based applications to my friends? Should friends help friends

I'd recommend you to use/recommend DotGNU. The Mono project is a
fork off DotGNU. The Mono project does not maintain clear
distinctions of what they acknowledge and what they do not (as a
matter of principle) in M$'s DotNET venture.

DotGNU strictly implements only the standardised (non-patented)
sections of the DotNET spec. Hence, it is a lot safer than Mono.

--
.O. A proud GNU user
..O http://www.joesteeve.tk/