[Fsf-friends] Something About SLYNUX

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@sancharnet.in
Thu Mar 3 16:43:30 IST 2005

Ankit Malik said on Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 02:27:57PM +0530,:

 > The only thing that got on  ppl's nerve was the fact that he wanted
 > to  'sell' his  stuff...  [check  out the  archives]  and you  will
 > know. But then, that is pretty natural..... !

So???

GPL and every singly Free  license allow people to sell Free software.
Of course,  Copyleft licenses like  the GPL impose certain  burdens on
people making money  off Free Software, but that  is a different story
altogether.

I  am not  speaking for  the list,  or anybody  else here,  but  I was
concerned by  /apparent/ refusal to  give due credit to  GNU, Knoppix,
and other projects. Once it was shown that it was only a communication
gap, and  as his later mails  show, he now  has a good picture  of the
philosophical angle.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
It's not the software that's free; it's you.