[Fsf-friends] RMS and Delhi Visit -- Is it the way we receive guests ? Especially a man like RMS -- sighs

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip@lug-delhi.org
Thu Mar 3 10:34:15 IST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 11:43 +0530, Ankit Malik wrote:
> Oh yeah! I read  this too yesterday and thought of posting but you
> beat me on this one! ;-)
>
> Anyways, very embarassing :(
>

> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 01:30:01 +0530, Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This was how RMS felt when he received in Delhi
> >
> > ----------------------
> > I arrived at Delhi at 3am on a flight that had been delayed by an hour
> > and a half. I had expected to do a lot of work on the flight, but I
> > was unexpectedly drowsy and nodded off for a few hours. When I arrived
> > at the airport, the wait for passport control was only 20 minutes, and
> > I spent part of the time explaining free software to another passenger
> > who was curious about it. My bag was already in the carousel when I
> > reached it, so I exited into the terminal and passed along the line of
> > people holding up signs. None had my name on it. The person who was
> > supposed to meet me was not there.

The guy was waiting outside all the while. Perhaps that should have been
added to the summary? Changes the way the summary ends. AFAIK, in Delhi
airport, you are charged for waiting inside the airport. I wonder who
was there to receive RMS, but that person probably wanted to avoid this
fee.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip@puroga.com
Work: http://www.puroga.com   *    Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3