[Fsf-friends] Reading the archives...

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.cess@gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:44:12 IST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 21:05 +0530, Ankit Malik wrote:

> I was reading the archives and there were talks of FSF-India Awards to
> be implemented. So have they been implemented? If yes, can someone
> point me to the rules for submitting and what is required et al ?

Not yet. Sorry for the disappointment. Hopefully, with support from free
software friends, we should do that soon.

> Another thing is it is possible right now for a CBSE affliated school
> to stick to FLOSS and still teach all the computers related subjects
> in 11th and 12th ???

I am not aware of the details of the curriculum in the 11th and 12th
classes in CBSE. But assuming that it consists of things like C, C++,
and RDBMS, it is possible so long as specific proprietary packages are
not specified. We have problem only when the curriculum specifies things
like Visual C++ or Microsoft SQL Server.

--
V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.cess@gmail.com>
Centre for Earth Science Studies