[Fsf-friends] Hello FLOSS!

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.cess@gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:24:13 IST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 18:34 +0530, Ankit Malik wrote:

> I just joined in to the FSF mailing list and thought of introducing myself!

Welcome to the Principal Support List of FSF-India.

> I am Ankit from New Delhi in 10th Standard as on 1st March 2005 ;-).

It is nice to find a school student like you taking so much interest in
free software. Keep it up!

> I have been interested in Linux since 2 years and wud like to know
> more abt the underlining philosophy of FLOSS. Plus I wanna stay
> updated of the happenings @ FSF-India!

Please use GNU/Linux when you are talking of the operating system. I
have seen that you have written that way at least at the beginning of
your article. That gives credit to the GNU project that started it all.
If you believe that freedom is of paramount importance, as I believe you
do, also please avoid using the term "open source" because that
emphasises only the open nature of source code and not the ideology of
freedom. You may read several articles at www.gnu.org that discuss these
and other related issues.

> I have also written one or two articles. Read them when you wanna feel asleep :D

I appreciate the article and your interest in free software. Hope to
have a long association with you.

And all the best for your tenth standard examinations.

--
V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.cess@gmail.com>
Centre for Earth Science Studies