[Fsf-friends] Re: SLYNUX

doxa@sancharnet.in doxa@sancharnet.in
Thu Jun 30 14:53:38 IST 2005

>Yes, I'll second that. We all must remember that Sarath is
> in his teens and in his enthusiasm ( or due to TV publicity)
> must have overstepped some aspects. As another poster posted,
> it can be softly pointed out and right way can be pointed out.
> Then we may have a prodigy in our midst.

I think we missed out completely on the age of Sharat. A similar episode once had surfaced on a mailing list on php-db where another 'child prodigy' (one Tonu) was advising programmers at NASA a few years back. When Tonu was bombarded with advises, he had to cry out that it was time for him to have an ice-cream with his friends, which prompted 'the list' to check out his age.

I think we need to have a diplomacy while dealing with newbies and 'child prodigies'.

Cheers Sarath. Go ahead and do things. If someone tells you that something had been a mistake, correct it and proceed. We desperately need people like you.

CK Raju