[Fsf-friends] SLYNUX - Gaining Cheap Popularity

Laxminarayan Kamath kamathln@gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 23:49:40 IST 2005

On 6/28/05, Krishna Pagadala <krishnaact@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Regarding renaming xmms to linamp, again do we want to
> take permission from the powers that be every time? Is
> it a world worth striving for? living in?
I strongly second that. Just check out Linspire and see how many
things they have just renamed!

> I think Sarath has all the rights to do what he has
> done.

I can say though he has done some wrong, in his particular case at
least, we should have all the humanity in us to identify his true
intent, softly point his mistakes, and encourage him in the right
direction.

> And regarding the nonsense of piracy, please read
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy
> -Krishna

Geez! never occured to me.. nice revealing fact!
( I also just heard the same thing on what my friends presented me and
called "RMS Video". I guess they meant "The GNU Philosophy Video" by
Richard M Stallman)
--
Laxminarayan Kamath Ammembal
(+91) 9342287956