[Fsf-friends] Efforts by KSTA to spread the philosophy of Free Software by supporting GNU/linux for the IT@school project

Praveen A pravi.a@gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 15:55:41 IST 2005

Hi all,

Today I have attended a seminar by KSTA for promoting the use of Free
Software as part of the IT @ School programme. It has been a wonderful
seminar by VK Sasidharan, KSTA state committee member. It was a continuation
of the Planning session we had last month. The KSTA is strongly supporting
the free software movement and they are using their strong base of teachers.
It is now our duty to support them with technical support which they need.
There is a conspiracy by the government to subotage this effort. So request
all of you to be a part of this great stuggle.

These are my experiences in these meets.
IT at School Palakkad support group formation — my first
talk<http://www.pravi.co.nr/2005/06/08/it-at-school-palakkad-support-group-formation-my-first-talk/>
 A new beginning for IT education in
Kerala<http://www.pravi.co.nr/2005/04/23/a-new-beginning-for-it-education-in-kerala/>
Also there is a call for GNU/linux volunteers by the Depart ment of
Education Kerala.

See this for more details APPLICATION FOR INCLUSION IN IT@SCHOOL LINUX
SUPPORTING GROUP <http://education.kerala.gov.in/linuxsupport.htm>
--
"GNU is the system, and Linux is the kernel."
A proud GNU user http://www.gnu.org