[Fsf-friends] Re: [Ilugc] [Photos] FSFS Conference, May 28-30, 2005, Kerala

Ramanraj K ramanraj.k@gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 22:31:02 IST 2005

On 6/7/05, Shakthi Kannan <cyborg4k@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have uploaded the photos (32 of them) taken during
> the Free Software, Free Society Conference held
> between May 28-30, 2005 at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
> at:
>
> http://www.shakthimaan.com/Mambo/gallery/GNU-Linux-FSF-Community-Work

Shakthi, thanks for uploading the photos so quickly.  One minor
correction: In photo No:30 of the album,Dhusasana and Duriyodhana are
seen (not Krishna).  The Special Kathakali performance was part of
Duryodhana Vadham upto the end of Dhusasana. I should thank Dr. Sasi
Kumar who explained in detail about the various costumes used in a
Kathakali performance.  The good characters are painted in green, and
the villains are usually painted red along with other fearsome face
props but also have funny noses.  Draupadi was also played by a male
artist.  A kathakali artist trains himself for as many as 15 years
before playing serious roles, and their perfection in performing their
role should be seen to be believed.  More information about kathakali
is available at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathakali

> P.S.: I am one of the unfortunate ones who couldn't
> get a ticket to travel to Kerala :( Argh. I missed so much.

The next meet might be at Venuzuela - let us not miss that :)