[Fsf-friends] Open Congress on FLOSS inspired practices

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf@gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:38:47 IST 2005

Here is an Open Congress that "aims to explore how FLOSS inspired
practices challenge the ruling paradigms of production and knowledge"

See http://opencongress.omweb.org/modules/wakka/HomePage

We are a group of artists, researchers and academics -some of whom are
based at Chelsea College of Art and Design- who are working
towards.............

an OpenCongress that seeks to understand how methodologies derived from
Free/Libre and Open Source Software [FLOSS] production can be deployed
by those working in the area of art, visual culture and cultural
production in general

The OpenCongress aims to explore how FLOSS inspired practices challenge
the ruling paradigms of production and knowledge; particularly
conventional practices of authorship, ownership and distribution.

We aim to address these questions through an innovative form of
‘congress’ - which will itself will be ‘open source’ in its form and
structure...........

--
V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf@gmail.com>
Free Software Foundation of India