[Fsf-friends] Join the campaign against "Software Patents"

Ramanraj K ramanraj.k@gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 07:48:26 IST 2005

I had forwarded a cc to Holger Blasum, one of the maintainers at
ffii.org, wishing them more victories on this front. He requests Indian
entities also to join the campain against "software patents" by signing
up  at http://www.economic-majority.com/  Please do so, as India or
Europe being free from "software patents" is not sufficient, and soon
enough the scene should shift to the US.  If you distribute your
software in the US, then the campaign is immediately relevant to you.
It is ironical that such a campaign has to be done in US, which was once
upon a time, a model state for the ultimate in liberty and freedom, but
today, it stands as a symbol for a shackled state with all its
"Software Patents", DMCA, DRM and even more unconceivable things like
corporate run "prisons" (California alone has 21 (yes, twenty-one)
mostly corporate run prisons and more about this at:
http://improbablevoices.net/intro_frameset.html ).  Digital anarchy and
industrial prisons make a deadly and dangerous combination making it a
serious concern to netizens.     Fortunately, these aberrations are very
recent, and could be nipped in the bud. Your participation could make a
big difference to the momentum of the movement, that may help in
restoring sanity where it is most required.

Ramanraj.