[Fsf-friends] Patents & Biotech

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 18:39:19 IST 2005

Patents and Open Source Biotech
Biotech
Posted by michael on Tuesday January 18, @05:32PM
from the
my-new-asian-bird-flu-technique-is-unstoppable dept.
sebFlyte writes "Since Slashdot readers seem to be
interesting in the issues and problems surrounding
software patents, I thought they might be interested
to see that Wired is running an interesting piece on
patents in Biotech and the way that they can hold up
important research, and how there are clear parallels
with the open source software community with the way
that advocates of openness are trying to solve these
problems."

http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,66289,00.html

=====
\_|       Rakesh 'arky' Ambati       |