[Fsf-friends] sly stories

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@gnowledge.org
Sat Jan 15 10:55:52 IST 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 09:48:51AM +0530, Dileep M. Kumar wrote:
> Ramanraj K wrote:
>
> >It is pointless for us to go into all the claims made there about some
> >new "Operating System".  Debian and Knoppix have made the task of
> >creating new distros so easy, that we may get to read about new born
> >babies creating new distros by kicking on keyboards with their tender
> >feet :)
>
> Sharat Lakshman contacted me yesterday. While talking to him, he said
> he just modified the Knoppix distro to make slynux. He have renamed
> lot of other packages also and given new interface.
>
> He never wished, to claim that, he build a new OS (or distro). The
> non-techy press reporter understood in that way. Poor boy just wished,
> let his work get some publicity. That's all.
>
> It is really good work in one way. That is a 15 year boy could do some
> good work using a GNU/Linux distro. He wish other students get inspired
> from his work, thus the GNU/Linux usage in schools may improve. (In
> Kerala, in many schools, teachers skip the GNU/Linux portion of syllabus
> saying that is not much important. This is because, the teachers are
> not trained/aware of this OS)
>
> We should give all support to this boy,  understand him the concepts of
> freedom, so that he can contribute more for the Free Software World.

Invite him to join our list, that will help him nurture the culture of
swatantra software.

Sarath, please join our list and be part of the on going
movemnt. Congratulations on your hacking endeavour.  Please understand
that free software companies do have to follow the rules of the game.
You will be able to understand them better by being with the
community.

Nagarjuna