[Fsf-friends] Fund raiser

Sriharsha sriharsha.v@redpinesignals.com
Wed Jan 5 12:37:54 IST 2005

Hello Friends,

    I was browsing our site (fsf.org.in) and saw the "how you can help
us" section.

 I have a little suggession, but am not sure if it is feasible at all.
Anyway, here it is:

1. Is it not feasible to allocate some web space to users for hosting
their home pages. There are two advantages of this:
    a) The domain extention will be something like.... "user.fsf.org.in"
or "fsf.org.in/user"
        Whenever someone is visiting such a page, (s)he is automatically
aware of fsf. (Also a little banner on the homepage will do no harm.

    b) This hosting can be done for a fee (the cost of actual
maintenance + a significant amount for contribution towards fsf-i)

    I am ignorant about the procedures for such a thing, but Im sure it
can be worked out.

2. Why dont fsf-i sell all those that fsf sells in USA (T-shirts
emphasising free software, CD-ROMs etc.)?

Cheers,
Sriharsha.

--
 * Sriharsha Vedurmudi