[Fsf-friends] Becoming a Debian developer

Praveen A pravi.a@gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 23:29:58 IST 2005

  Hi all,

          I came across this interesting article about becoming a
Debian GNU/Linux developer. [I got this from Debian Livejournal
Community http://www.livejournal.com/community/debian ]

Yet, despite the obstacles, for many, becoming a developer is the
ultimate goal. Asked their motivations, candidates start by talking
about a wish to contribute and to assume greater responsibility.

When pressed, though, many add that they also desire the status of the
position. The status lies not just the cool factor of having a Debian
email address -- although several privately admit, half-jokingly, to
lusting after one -- but a belief that only developers are taken
seriously within the Debian project. Those who want to advocate policy
change or to become a Debian officer often feel that becoming a
developer is a necessary first step.

One way or the other, most would probably agree with Matthew Palmer,
one of more than 50 Application Managers who help to process
candidates, that being a Debian developer is a "mark of honour."

Read full story
http://distrocenter.linux.com/article.pl?sid=05/02/02/2312203

Regards
Praveen A
--
            "There is no system but GNU, and Linux is one of its kernels."
A proud GNU user