[Fsf-friends] Re: Reg ur talk at IITM -- with attachment

Anand Babu ab@gnu.org.in
Wed Feb 16 05:14:46 IST 2005

,----[ "Toufeeq Hussain" <Toufeeq_Hussain@infosys.com> ]

| > As I promised, you can download a copy of my presentation and
| > example code at
| >
| > http://www.gnu-india.org/gnu/Hacking-GNU.pdf
| > http://www.gnu-india.org/gnu/Hacking-GNU.sxi
| > http://www.gnu-india.org/gnu/data-server.tgz
| >
| > OK, here is a slightly revised version of your minutes
| > (actually documentation :)
| > ==============================================================
| > ==========
| > Hacking GNU/HURD
| > ================
| > as a part of GLV@ILUGC
|

| I consider this an excellent guide to GNU/HURD.  Riyaz, AB , is
| permission given to upload the slides and the work done by Riyaz to
| Infosys Linux Users Group ?
|
| Many new hackers interested in GNU/HURD will find this helpful.
|
| Regards,
| Toufeeq Hussain
`----

Riyaz has already published the document under GNU FDL 1.2
license. Slides are under the same license and example code under GNU
GPL V2 or later. So please share them. Slides contain only bullet
points with hardly any explanation. I hope you can now give talks
using these slides and motivate more people towards GNU/Hurd hacking.

http://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/mach/public/doc/osf/
http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/sd96/goel.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/docs.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/gnumach-docs.html

Still the best document to start with is kernel_principles.ps under
first the first link.

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>