[Fsf-friends] Backlash for Micro$oft

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal ajaypal@bbsbec.org
Fri Feb 11 12:56:05 IST 2005

Can something similar be done in Punjab. I know there are plenty of ppl
from Punjab especially from teaching community in this list.

Punjab Technical University has tailored its curriculum as per M$ software.
We have FCPIT tailored around MS Office and DOS and Windows only.
See: http://ptu.ac.in/1st%20year.htm

It could be OpenOffice and save colleges from expensive software and
proprietary software.

And Windows Programming
But for that i have been using DevC++ and gcc+cygwin successfully and not
Visual Studio which would be a dead project soon. Any way the syllabus for
Windows programming is a little outdated.

and plenty of other subjects which i have not taught.

BTW also for schools DIT http://www.dtepunjab.nic.in/ or may be
http://www.dtepunjab.org/
has a project under which school students would be taught MS Word/ Windows
and fiends.

Sincerely

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal
Lecturer