[Fsf-friends] Reg. OpenSolaris

Anand Babu ab@gnu.org.in
Fri Feb 4 06:47:03 IST 2005

>Is it because, the CDDL does not let its derivative to be released
>under GPL? Hmm., I think I'll look up the license., this stuff
>should be in the conditions of distribution part.

Legal definition of the term "derived software" is often confusing.
Let me put in simple terms.

Code from CDDL and GPL *cannot* be combined together.
A GPL'd code cannot even link to a library licensed under CDDL.

How ever it is possible to dual license (GPL/CDDL) the code.
One good example is Mozilla project's triple licensing scheme
(MPL/GPL/LGPL).

-- Anand Babu