[Fsf-friends] DVD Region-changing Restrictions

Krishna Pagadala krishnaact@yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 20:48:06 IST 2005

"The great moral question of the twenty-first century
is this: if all knowing, all culture, all art, all
useful information can be costlessly given to everyone
at the same price that it is given to anyone; if
everyone can have everything, anywhere, all the time,
why is it ever moral to exclude anyone?" -Eben Moglen

> Its true that it kills user freedom., but however
> dont you think we should be sticking to issues
> related to software freedom on this list? May be
> there should be some other place where the
> freedom killing issues of Audio/Video copyright
> should be argued., it definitely should be. This is
> only _my_ humble opinion.

On the contrary we should think and debate about
broader issues of freedom, although FSFI might choose
to act on software freedoms only.

Also we should not forget that "Software and Hardware
are logically equivalent" -Andrew Tanenbaum

Thanks
Krishna

=====
To Reflect, to Inspire and to Empower
http://www.employees.org/~krishnap/

Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen and ask yourself if the next step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him. Will he gain anything by it? Will it restore him to a control over his own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to self-reliance for the hungry and spiritually starving millions?
-Mahatma Gandhi