[Fsf-friends] GPL-v3

Nagarjuna nagarjun@antispam.org
Sat Dec 31 12:52:19 IST 2005

FSF is entering 2006 with a very important task, drafting GPLv-3.
GPLv-2 was released in 1991, and it is the most widely used free
software license.  During the course of time, the computing
environments are transforming, particularly with the entrance of
webservices and embedded devices.  In the context of these changes,
it is possible that user's freedom may not be preserved.

FSF is committed to protect the software freedom even under the
transformed conditions in future.  A draft of the GPL-v3 will be
released during the First International Public GPL-v3 launch
conference to be held at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
(MIT) on January 16 and 17, 2006. It is very likely that I will
attend this event and will participate in the delibrations
representing FSF India.

I invite the  free software community in India to actively
participate in shaping the new license.  If you would like to share
 any specific inputs let us discuss them here in the list.  You may
also want to send me your thoughts directly.

Visit http;//gplv3.fsf.org/

wishing you all a success in protecting software freedom.

Nagarjuna