[Fsf-friends] Convergence of movements to fight IPRs on information

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@antispam.org
Wed Dec 21 00:14:05 IST 2005

http://www.grain.org/convergence/
Convergence of movements to fight IPRs on information

GRAIN has recently been taking an interest in what we have been calling
‘convergence’: the ways in which people are resisting the push for
monopoly rights over information in different sectors. In this time of
unprecendented centralisation of power and control, resistance is
building on many fronts. We couldn’t help wondering if our various
struggles might be more effective if we found some common ground.