[Fsf-friends] Free Software Demo at IFFK

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf@antispam.org
Sat Dec 17 11:15:51 IST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 11:00 +0530, Anivar Aravind wrote:
> On 12/17/05, V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On December 15, we did  a short demonstration of Free Software related
> > to media at the International Film Festival of Kerala. We showed
> > Blender, Audacity, Kino, Adore, etc.,
>                                           ^^^^
> It is ardour ( http://www.ardour.org)

:-) Shows lack of familiarity.

> We Talked about cinelerra too.

Yes. We showed the interface, but could not demonstrate its use. In the
case of Ardour, a sound engineer told us that the interface is very
similar to the one that he uses, and therefore should be easy to learn.
He said he has been impressed by the ideology of Free Software and has
tried to use Mandrake. He is interested in using Ardour, but was not
sure whether the owners of the place where he works would be
interested.

--
V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com>
Free Software Foundation of India