[Fsf-friends] Free Software Demo at IFFK

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf@antispam.org
Sat Dec 17 10:53:15 IST 2005

On December 15, we did  a short demonstration of Free Software related
to media at the International Film Festival of Kerala. We showed
Blender, Audacity, Kino, Adore, etc., although we could not really
demonstrate all features of the applications since we did not have
anyone who was experienced in using them. However, Blender and Adore
attracted some attention and a few professionals talked to us after the
demo. I understand that a couple of other people collected our contact
details from the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy (organisers of the
Festival) later. We had put up a few posters at the major venue
(Kairali-Sree theatre complex) earlier.

IFFK is considered as one of the top ten Film Festivals in the world,
and we are happy that we could get an entry there. We hope to plan and
conduct similar demonstrations in the coming years. A report on the demo
with a couple of photographs will be put up on our web page soon.

--
V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com>
Free Software Foundation of India