[Fsf-friends] FSUG in Thrissur?

Tinku Sampath tinkusam@gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 06:37:41 IST 2005

Hello everybody,

I have been here, in this mailing list, for a month. I am Tinku Sampath
from Kerala. I am doing 4th semester of MCA at Govt. Engineering
College, Thrissur, Kerala. As some of you know, we MCA students were
behind the Renaissance 2005, the well appreciated, but at the same time
unpopular national seminar on  Free and Open Source Software which was
held on last February at the college. We organized the event as the
first little contribution to the Free Software community from our part.
Hope that Renaissance 2006 will be realized in a more passionate way and
will fulfill everyones expectation.

Let me come to the purpose of this mail. We are planning to build a Free
Software Users Group (FSUG) for our college. At this occasion,  we would
like to know is there are any other FSUGs or LUGs or GLUGs or any kind
of that working now concentrating Thrissur. If there, we can together
form an active one. I think, this will be a great opportunity for our
college students to contribute their technical abilities in promoting
the FLOSS. If there is any existing group, please mail me with details
as soon as possible.

I would like to invite each member of this group to contribute their
ideas or dream about an FSUG.  I am sure that your experience and
expertise will help us in various matters.

- Tinku Sampath