[Fsf-friends] Need Free software in 11th Class

Thejesh GN gnthej@gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:29:28 IST 2005

Some time back we started a petition at GNU Bangalore for VTU ( Now this one
is University level). You can get the updates at
http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/?VTU-FLOSS_Campaign-status

On 8/23/05, Pramode C.E. <pramode_ce@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> --- "V. Sasi Kumar" <sasi.fsf@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > But one problem everyone is facing is that many
> > parents want their
> > children to study things like C++, which they think
> > will be 'useful'.
> > Another problem is that the members of the syllabus
> > committees are not
> > aware of anything other than C++, Java, etc. and
> > they possibly think
> > things like Perl or Python are inferior. These are
>
> Yes; it's a rather hard problem to solve. One solution
> might be to first introduce teachers to the wonderful
> world of tools like Python/Scheme as part of the
> process of introducing them to GNU/Linux; I am sure
> that motivated math/science teachers would have
> absolutely no difficulty in assimilating a virtually
> algebraic and syntax-free language like Scheme. Once
> we have the teachers hooked, we might thinking of
> spreading the movement down towards the students.
>

> Pramode

Thanks,
Thej
http://www.techmag.biz