[Fsf-friends] Need Free software in 11th Class

Bharathi Subramanian sbharathi@MidasComm.Com
Tue Aug 23 13:17:58 IST 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Pramode C.E. wrote:

> a) Kick out C/C++ from our +2 syllabus and introduce Scheme/Python
> instead (the TeachScheme project is trying to do this in the US;
> they have a great GPL'd programming environment for Scheme called
> Dr.Scheme and a very well written textbook called `How To Design
> programs' both of which are extremely innovative)

I also really impressed by the Scheme, Thanks to AB. But switch from C
to Scheme may take more time. Bcoz Govt needs to give training to
teachers. Presently most of govt, taking the decision in favor of M$,
only in the point of training (+ Money ;))

> b) Kick out DOS/Windoze and introduce GNU/Linux instead.

To start, switch HSC syllabus to GNU/Linux is important.

> Are there members on the list who think along similar lines; can we
> do something for this?

Filling a Public litigation case in the High Court, will help in this
regard.

Bye :)
--
Bharathi S