[Fsf-friends] Need Free software in 11th Class

Bharathi Subramanian sbharathi@MidasComm.Com
Tue Aug 23 10:17:58 IST 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Shakthi Kannan wrote:

> > g++, gcc is the best compiler and is a freesoftware, then why
> > should we follow Turbo? which is a proprietary?
>
> As long as you ask questions like these and start reasoning out, you
> will definitely learn and your knowledge will grow. Keep it up.
>
> Students are being forced to follow a system that does not teach
> them to think. Last time when I asked a student about compilation in
> the GNU/Linux workshop at Madurai, the student replied that
> compilation was Alt + F9. Huh!

I hope, those students are from engg college ;) Then just imagine the
state of the school students. They are forced to memories the short
cuts of M$ Word.

Recently in TamilNadu +1 syllabus, one chapter is dedicated to Linux.
I hope, it may help to increase the awareness of FOSS.

The major blocker is, There is no update program for school teachers.
2nd, We still following the Old education system, formed by English
people for their need, where asking Qus and doing research is not
encouraged.

Bye :)
--
Bharathi S