[Fsf-friends] SITEWATCH: http://www.mksarav.org/

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Thu Apr 28 14:39:22 IST 2005

This is a personal site of "M K Saravanan, currently working at
STMicroelectronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., Singapore, as DSP Systems Design
Engineer. I am also doing part time Masters (CS, by research), at National
University of Singapore."

 	It however also contains a number of useful links:

         * MIT (Madras Institute of Technology)
         * MIT Alumni Association - Singapore
         * MIT Alumni Association - Bangalore
         * AU-KBC Research Centre
         * Centre for Internet Research, NUS

Many links to Tamil fonts for GNU/Linux. Also, tutorials on GNU/Linux
(preliminary tutorial with five exercises, networking tutorial, the MKS Linux
Kernel HOWTO, premilinary tutorial in the Tamil language).

Internet-related links take you to:

     * Internet Society Home Page Learn about history of Internet
     * Internet Engineering Task Force Here you can find the people who are
       giving shape to Internet Standards
     * Request For Comments - RFC Archive
     * World Wide Web Consortium
     * History of the Internet and WWW: Road 1 -- USA to Europe
     * Internet & World Wide Web History

Then, there are interesting links to computer gurus, and other GNU/Linux links,
which end up at:

     * www.linux.org
     * GNU/Linux Documentation Home Page
     * Red Hat GNU/Linux
     * Indian Linux User Groups
     * Chennai Linux User Group - ILUGC
     * www.linux.com
     * Linux Journal
     * Linux Today
     * freshmeat - All GNU/Linux related new arrival
     * Slashdot
     * GNU/Linux Telephony
     * Diskless Workstations - Most Economic Solution
     * GNU/Linux Terminal Server Project
     * GNU/Linux IP Masquerade Resource
     * Akaram TeX Editor for Tamil & Localisation of KDE
     * xterminal to view Devanagari Script

This guy has tonnes of other links, including:
*  Links related to Software Development in Tamil & other Indian Languages
*  Government of India Sites
*  Optical character recognition
*  Unix and Networking related links
*  Search engine technologies
*  Online books and magazines (including Project Madurai, a collection
    of Tamil literary books http://www.projectmadurai.org )
*  Tips on his educational institution ( I am getting lot of emails from
    various students enquiring about the possibility of doing
    Undergrad/Master/Ph.D. programmes at NUS. I can't guarantee that I
    will answer all of them. So please read this NUS-FAQ first. All
    possible details you may need are already there on the NUS websites.
    You have to spend enough time on Internet to gather all the details.
    You can use google search engine also.)

Very interesting Saravanan. Thanks for getting in touch with that tiny URL
peeping out below your signature file! FN

    _____
  _/ ____\____    Frederick Noronha * Freelance Journalist * Goa
  \   __\/    \   India T +91.832.2409490 M +919822 122436
   |  | |   |  \  http://fn.swiki.net http://goabooks.swiki.net
   |__| |___|  /  http://www.bytesforall.net http://www.bytesforall.org
   If you are related to the field of IT (or even if not) please visit
   http://www.bytesforall.org, a network on how computers can help the