[Fsf-friends] FLOSS takes to the cricket pitch! (fwd)

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Wed Apr 13 20:01:23 IST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From:  "suchenchodankar" <suchenchodankar@yahoo.com> Add Address
Date:  2005/04/13 Wed PM 06:37:20 IST
To:  ilug-goa@yahoogroups.com
Subject:  we have built a fantasy cricket game, visit www.superteam05.cjb.net
and register

Hello,
I am a Suchen G. Chodankar(from Durbhat, Ponda) student of final
year I.T. Engineering course at Goa College of Engineering,
Farmagudi.

Me and my class-mate Sagar Arlekar(from Calangute) has designed a
web based fantasy cricket game. This game is similar to
superselector on espnstar.com . The game is built using open source
and free software.
Apache- web server
PHP- scripting language
MySql- database

We are thankful to the open source community.

This game was started as a semester project in Jan 2004, at that
time the project had 7 members all students of I.T. Engineering
course, Goa College of Engineering. In Jan 2005 we restarted the
project work, added new features to it and made it fully functional
and put it online. You can register at www.superteam05.cjb.net. We
already have about 60 users registered.

The game is free to use, open to all and easy to understand. You
just have to select  a cricket team of 11 players that includes 5
batsmen, 4 bowlers, 1 allrounder and 1 wicket keeper. Your team will
gain points as the players selected by you score/perform in real
matches. You compete against other users. The game closes at the end
of the month.

We have a message board on the site to gain your feedback.

Enjoy playing superteam.

Thank You

Suchen G. Chodankar

END OF FORWARDED MESSAGE

    _____
  _/ ____\____    Frederick Noronha * Freelance Journalist * Goa
  \   __\/    \   India T +91.832.2409490 M +919822 122436
   |  | |   |  \  http://fn.swiki.net http://goabooks.swiki.net
   |__| |___|  /  http://www.bytesforall.net http://www.bytesforall.org
   Sign up for low-volume, high-quality news summaries and updates from
   Goa at http://newsfromgoa.swiki.net * It's free and volunteer-driven.