[Fsf-friends] Economic times - News

Krishna Pagadala krishnaact@yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 23:51:19 IST 2005

1) Free Software movement is not interested in TCO. We
value freedom higher than anything else.

2) The whole issue has been dealth with by Rishab
Aiyer Ghosh in his essay
"License fees and GDP per capita: The case for open
source in developing countries"
http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue8_12/ghosh/index.html
Please look at the section
"Total cost of ownership and low labour costs"

Sarath,
   Can you please look write a letter to "Economic
Times" making use of the above information, and any
other information that you have.

Thanks,
Krishna

--- Sarath Lakshman <sarathlakshman@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> Please look at the news heading in economic times
> newspaper on wednesday April 6th.

> 'Linux, Windows have similar maintenance cost'
>
> Most US business say there is very little difference
> between the cost of maintaining a Windows versus a
> Linux-based corporate computing
> environment........news follows....

> Collect the Economic Times of 6th April to know abt
> this news report.
>

> Regards..
>
> SarathLakshman

To Reflect, to Inspire and to Empower
http://www.employees.org/~krishnap/

    The great moral question of the twenty-first century is: If all knowledge, all culture, all art, all useful information, can be costlessly given to everyone at the same price that it is given to anyone -- if everyone can have everything, everywhere, all the time, why is it ever moral to exclude anyone from anything? -Eben Moglen