[Fsf-friends] Re: Translation of "Free Software, Free Society" to malayalam

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Sat Sep 25 11:35:03 IST 2004

    This work will be released under the GNU FDL.

That is not possible.  These are essays of opinion, so they are
released under a license that permits verbatim copying only.

I would be glad to have a Malayalam translation in
existence.  Before it is published, I would like other
people in FSF India to look at the translations and make
sure they are accurate and well written.  Then I will
agree to publication of the translations.

When they are published, they should have the same
license as the originals, permitting verbatim copying
of any or all of the essays.