[Fsf-friends] Continuation....of Basics......

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip@lug-delhi.org
Sat Sep 25 01:43:50 IST 2004

Ramanraj K wrote:

> "Open Source Initiative" is after all a marketing program for Free
> Software. The OSI says it, we know it, and everybody but legislatures
> seem to know it.  Its time you knew about it.

Thanks for explaining the obvious to me. :)

Lets get some terminology correct, shall we? "Open Source Initiative" is a
marketing program for _Open source_ Software. You still dont seem to get my
point in this whole thread. My whole point is that be consistent of the
terminology that you use.

And yes, do explain to me: When the "Opensource Initiative" promotes their
"brand" of software, you put it down as "marketing". But when FSF does it,
it is "taking it to the people"?

- Sandip

P.S. I still dont get your repeated requests for respect in every mail.
What do you want me to do exactly for you? :-S

P.S2. Regardless of any further provocation or name-calling in this thread,
this is my last mail on the subject.

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip@puroga.com
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3