[Fsf-friends] fund raising for the book - a suggestion

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Fri Sep 24 16:49:08 IST 2004

Tathagata Banerjee said on Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 12:32:09AM +0530,:

 > of  FSFI  and FSFI-WB,  i  appeal  to  all supporters  of  'linux',
 > gnu/linux  and  Free Software  on  these  lists  to donate  to  the
 > cause. modalities of payment

In  Kerala, the  publishers have  a practise  of pre-selling  books by
collecting advances  from the  public for books  to be  published, and
offer them  a `pre-publication' discount  of up to 20%.  FSF-WB should
consider that.

 > 4. dipankar das  makes the  apology that the  book was  written and
 > pdf-ed  with  the help  of  proprietary  software,  because of  the
 > unavailibility  or   poor  usability  of   current  bangla  writing
 > technologies using Free Software.

If I understand it correctly, the  Ankur Bangla team (or a good member
of that*) has offered to  re-create another pdf with free software and
embed free fonts.

* Will the  gentle man please raise  his hands? (And I  apologise if I
  got the message wrong)

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
Buy Free Software -- It gives you freedom!