[Fsf-friends] Basics...

Joe Steeve joe_steeve@gmx.net
Thu Sep 23 21:16:49 IST 2004

>     All through these phases, not a single person gains anything in
> terms of money (Im not in favor of minting money, per se). So, our

Hmm.. You can sell the software. Who is stopping you from it. Even software
production houses can make software and distribute the software under a
non-restrictive license., I mean can sell the software. Many establishments
ask for "support service". You can provide them support and hence charge for
that. In fact when your company develops a Free Software the production is
high. You dont have to start from scratch. You'll definitely have a project
to start with. And the community will do the testing for you.

> develop their own s/w for customers. Is this the essence of Free
> Software in a nut shell?

No. This is a business model. But it is not the essence of Free Software.
Its not the only way to raise funds. Companies can do really well by
producing Free Software.

Cheers,
Joe

--
A proud GNU user.
Homepage: http://www.joesteeve.tk/

GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Free the code; Free the user
[Copying allowed under GFDL (C) Vijaykumar]

Homepage: http://www.joesteeve.tk/
Weblog     : http://gnukid.blogspot.com/

+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl