[Fsf-friends] [Fwd: Proforma for membership records]

Anurag anurag@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Tue Sep 21 15:07:13 IST 2004

V. Sasi Kumar wrote:

>Indian Institute of Science asks alumni to fill up their details in a
>document in MS Word format. This is a mail I sent them more than two
>weeks back. No response as yet.

For that matter, I'd like to point out the infrastructure that is available at C-DAC Mumbai (formely NCST). They have something like 75 computers with Windows 2000 installed. Now the irony is that, for writing programs and compiling them, students are supposed to connect to a GNU/Linux server using a proprietary SSH client and write/compile programs there...  This is called higher education!

-Anurag